Ring-ring, the 90’s are calling! Flip phones are making a comeback, only this time gettin’ jiggy comes with a posh spice price tag.
With apple and blackberry infatuation at a fever pitch, it begs the question, are we cell-outs to the almighty fruit?
My stupid “smart” phone suddenly stopped emitting sound. I cussed, poked, and fumed, pissed at technology and already jonesing over its possible loss. As usual, I executed old-timey strategies when faced with an IT catastrophe:
1. Complain to a friend – but not a young friend, who may be able to offer useful advice. Hell no, I choose old friends who empathize while disguising their joy they’re not me.
2. Pretend I don’t care if my device is screwed. I grew up with a party line – four families on one phone line, no less. Surely, I can go a couple hours without my smartphone.
3. Nope. I can’t. And I will NEVER admit this to my children.
4. Open Settings 17 times.
5. Realize for the 17th time I don’t know what shit I’m supposed to set.
6. Consider calling my cell phone provider.
7. Consider crawling across a field full of gravel on bare knees to find a pointy stick with which to gouge out my eyes.
8. Slam the fucker on the counter a couple of times – like we did with rabbit ears.
9. Power down and reboot.
10. Wonder why I can never remember to try #9 first because it ALWAYS WORKS!
JOIN THE SISTERHOOD!
Subscribe to get a weekly smile straight to your inbox 🍷