As a kid I was inspired by K-Tel records, the 70’s version of Spotify. Albums like Sound Explosion hooked me on music compilations. Creating mixed tapes has been a lifelong passion ‘cause “I’ve got the music in me.” Cassettes required patience and a pencil, CD’s skipped, but playlists are the nuts. For me, it’s a labour of love.
Nostalgia blends exquisitely with current to create a timeline/soundtrack of our lives. Music is a reminder of good times, old friends, and celebrations. I’ve created playlists for dinner and dance parties, pity parties, girls nights, workouts, as well as calming classics to soothe my savage beast.
Great playlists are an art form. It sets the tone for the evening, and can make or break a party. This first playlist we’re sharing is entitled Easy Listening, and like us, it’s loaded with all-time favourites. We invite you to mirror our playlists, and in time build your own collection of kick-ass tunes.
We’ve also provided step-by-step instructions for how to create a playlist on iTunes, and sync it to your iPod or iPhone. Rock on Sistah’s!
*Save The Date* Thursday, March 3rd for our Ladies Night Out. Details to follow.
✤ EASY LISTENING Playlist
1. Collective Soul ✤ The World I Know
2. Colin James ✤ Into the Mystic
3. Jack Johnson ✤ Better Together
4. The Wallflowers ✤ 6th Avenue Heartache
5. Rod Stewart ✤ Have You Ever Seen The Rain
6. Green Day ✤ Good Riddance (Time Of Your Life)
7. Elton John ✤ Tiny Dancer
8. R.E.M. ✤ Everybody Hurts
9. Bob Marley ✤ Three Little Birds
10. Indigo Girls ✤ Closer To Fine
11. Brandi Carlile ✤ The Story
12. Matthew Morrison (Glee Soundtrack) ✤ Forever Young
13. Jimmy Buffett ✤ Come Monday
14. INXS ✤ Never Tear Us Apart
15. 4 Non Blondes ✤ What’s Up
16. John Mellencamp ✤ Under The Boardwalk
17. James Taylor ✤ You’ve Got A Friend
18. Marshall Tucker ✤ Can’t You See
19. Bread ✤ Everything I Own
20. Blue Rodeo ✤ 5 Days In May
How to make a playlist:
1. Open iTunes (don’t connect your device until you’re ready to sync).
2. Download new music from the iTunes Store, or choose songs from existing library (My Music).
3. It’s time to make a playlist.
4. In iTunes 12, there are several ways to create a new playlist.
● In the bottom left hand corner, click on the + sign, then New Playlist.
● Or, in the top left hand corner click the dropdown arrow beside the tiny black/white box. Click on New, then New Playlist at the top of the window.
● Alternatively, if you have the menu toolbar turned on, (press Control and B at the same time to turn on the menu bar) click File, then New, and select Playlist.
5. Type the name of your playlist and hit enter. I’ve entitled this first one Easy Listening You can rename a playlist by single clicking on it.
6. Now you’re ready to start adding songs. Right click on Easy Listening to Edit Playlist.
7. Navigate through your music library to find the songs you want to add, either by Search in the top right corner, or by scrolling through My Music.
Hint: If songs are new or recently downloaded, you can go to PLAYLISTS on the main toolbar, then find PURCHASED located near the top on the left-hand side bar. All new songs will be at the bottom of the PURCHASED playlist. Right click on the desired song, then click Add To Playlist, and scroll to place them in Easy Listening playlist.
8. If you’re going from your existing music library, drag and drop songs to the playlist window on the right. Repeat until you’ve got all the songs you want added to your playlist.
9. When you’re finished, click the “Done” button at the bottom of your new playlist.
10. Order of songs in your playlist is key, and you can rearrange them at any time. Simply drag and drop songs from the playlist into the order you prefer. I often make playlists, listen to them, and then rearrange it for easier transitions and flow.
11. To listen to your new playlist, double click on the top song.
How to sync playlists to your iPhone:
1. Connect your iPhone or device to the USB port on your computer (open iTunes first).
2. On the main toolbar near the top, click on the your Device.
3. In the left sidebar, click Summary.
4. Scroll down to the Options section.
5. Click the box next to ‘Automatically sync when this phone is connected.’
6. Click Apply.
JOIN THE SISTERHOOD. Subscribe today!
Refer a friend, or share using the Facebook and Twitter icons.