1. Mittens made from Dad’s sweaters, and a pillow from the shirt he wore to Lori’s wedding. We lost our Father to cancer in March of last year, and it was our first Christmas without him. We were deeply moved by such thoughtful gifts, so much so, we’d like to offer you the same kindness.
If you or a loved one would treasure keepsakes from a departed family member, please email us. We’re joining forces with our good friend Lisa Andrews to make it happen. The mitts are comfortable, comforting, and make us feel closer to Dad!
2. Cranberry Sangria
3. theSkimm ~ Brush up on holiday party small talk with a skim of today’s headlines. theSkimm is a daily email of current events/news that’s both smart and funny. The fastest way to stay well informed, in a manner of minutes. www.theskimm.com
4. Martini (Shaken Not Stirred) McGillivray, is an Australian Labradoodle and the newest member to our family. Like the cocktail he’s named after, he’s intoxicating, ‘James Bond’ cool and provides hours of fun.
5. Favourite books
⭐ Wine on Tuesdays by Debra & Keith Gordon ~ Be a serious wine drinker without taking wine too seriously
⭐ All My Puny Sorrows by Miriam Toews
⭐ A House In The Sky by Amanda Lindhout & Sara Corbett
⭐ The Nazi Officer’s Wife by Edith Hahn Beer
⭐ All The Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr
⭐ The Nest by Cynthia D’Aprix Sweeney
6. Wits & Wagers ~ Favourite board game
A fun and clever party game that can played with up to 20 people. Take a guess on a trivia question, then place your bet. And just like the U.S. presidential election, you can win without knowing any of the right answers.
7. A few favourite wines: (choosing only three is a little like Sophie’s Choice)
Prosecco ✤ Zonin from Italy $15
Red Wine ✤ Ballard Lane Pinot Noir from California’s Central Coast $22
White Wine ✤ Greywacke Sauvignon Blanc from Marlborough New Zealand $32
8. Tarte Lights, Camera Lashes. It’s hard to find a good mascara, but this is a gem. It’s a 4 in 1 mascara that lengthens, curls, volumizes and conditions. At $25 it’s higher priced than drugstore brands, (amortized over 3 months is only $8 per month), and delivers more bang for your buck by creating thick, sexy lashes. Available at Sephora.
9. Hyaluronic Acid is the best anti-aging ingredient for all skin types. It absorbs and binds moisture in the dermis and epidermis providing intense hydration, tissue repair and protection. Aka, the Fountain of Youth in a serum. Make sure to add hyaluronic acid to your daily skincare routine.
10. Chili Coconut Margaritas ~ Well played tequila, well played.
11. This Is Us ~ The best new dramedy on TV this fall.
12. Glerups slippers ~ made from the warmest wool with an all-natural leather sole. They look like the inside of a boot liner, but don’t let that fool you. They keep your feet warm in summer and winter without being hot, you never need socks, and they don’t smell. Available in numerous colours and styles.
13. Amy Schumer ~ favourite comedienne. We’ve been fans since she placed 4th on Last Comic Standing back in 2007. Her hit show Inside Amy Schumer on Comedy Central and movie Trainwreck showcase her self-deprecating talent. Attending her stand-up performance in Calgary this week, I witnessed her no-holds-barred, unapologetic humour that inspires us to raise our game.
JOIN THE SISTERHOOD. Subscribe today!
SHARE using the Facebook and Twitter icons below.