Whether it’s a green thumb up or down, Canadians need the straight dope on cannabis. As a tokin’ of our love, the Sisters share a blunt opinion on legalized herb, ‘cause that’s how we roll!
Snap, crackle, pot
Baby boomers and grown-ups who came of age in the 60’s & 70’s are among the fastest growing demographic of leaf lovers, consuming more marijuana than minors. It slows your roll, quiets muscle and joint pain, and unlike wine, it’s hangover free.
CBD: Now safer than peanuts
CBD (Cannabidiol) is THC’s cool older sister, used primarily for medicinal purposes. Reap the reward of clear-headed symptom relief without getting baked.
● Used for anxiety, depression, fatigue, insomnia, sedation, arthritis, chronic pain, glaucoma, seizures, inflammation, appetite stimulation, pain relief, nausea
THC: Weeding out strains and effects
● mellow, deep relaxation, pain fighting, helps you sleep, ideal for movies and netflix binges, calms anxiety, heightens physical responses to music and food
Sativa [Friendship Bracelet]
● energizing, invigorating, enhances creativity, promotes mental focus, counters fatigue, combats depression, makes your party pop, induces giggles and laughing fits
Hybrid [Chill the Fuck Out]
● cross-breeding indica and sativa, a stimulating head high that pairs well with a chillaxed body, used to mentally and physically unwind
● You can’t get high from second hand smoke. TRUE
● It’s basically impossible to die from weed. TRUE
You’d need to consume approximately 15,000 pounds of pot in 15 minutes.
● You won’t get high the first time you smoke. FALSE
If you don’t catch a buzz the first time, you’re doing it wrong. 😉
Paraphernalia – The Big Bong Theory
Yabba dabba doobies aren’t exactly extinct, but have been replaced with new and improved gizmos. Dispensary budtenders [weed sommeliers] will recommend the right tool for the job.
● Vaporizers (smokeless, less harsh, limits chemicals and toxins)
● Vape pens
● Edibles (not legal until fall 2019)
Joint Venture – What’s In It For Us
Nearly 5 million Canadians consume pot, driving the budding industry to a new high [just say no to driving and pot in the same sentence]. As investors move from back alleys to Bay Street, legalization could add $5 billion annually to Cdn. coffers [secret stash].
Don’t Fear The Reefer
In reality, high school kids can score pot as easily as beer. In theory, legalization will limit access to minors, and put a serious dent on crime. Ensuring dispensaries meet standards prevents it from getting cut with fentanyl, pesticides, and detergents.
Lying through your teeth doesn’t count as flossing
Canadians could be denied entry or even barred for life from the U.S. by admitting to smoking pot [even as a youth] to customs agents.
With seeds firmly planted on Canadian soil, fear mongering has reached Y2K levels. We predict after a period of adjustment, life will go back to business as usual…like it’s been for the past 1000 years.
For a humorous look back at the pros and cons, see the Sangria Sisters It’s Not Easy Being Green
JOIN THE SISTERHOOD. Subscribe today!
Share our shit with your favourite peeps.